Thursday, November 6, 2008

Worlds Smallest Skylight

I continued removing interior skin, throwing away stinky yellow fiberglass insulation and general cleanup. So far, no signs of mouse droppings. I looked closely at areas where I could see water had dripped down on the inside of the skin. Digging through all of the crap in my shop I came across a package of stickers my wife used for price tags at a garage sale. These turned out to be just perfect for marking the spots that need attention.

The first shot was a missing rivet (or the worlds smallest skylight!) This is at the very top of the trailer right behind the bathroom vent.


I also marked areas of corrosion that show water leakage.

So far, I still have more interior to remove, all leaks can be traced to Olympic rivets or poor repair methods. It appears where the repairs were done with the Olympics, I don't see much in the way of sealant such as Vulcam or anything else.

Notice the nice wire nut splices that were behind the wall. This is a 120 volt line. Can you imagine if one of those wire nuts had vibrated off! The entire trailer would have been hot and I would have no idea where to begin looking.

No comments: