Monday, November 24, 2008

Scab Removal

While waiting for the wife to do a little rivet bucking, I thought I would do a little seam cleaning and sealing on the inside. I had some scabs on the inside skin from water intrusion.

The first picture was taken to the right of the entry door. I have a few spots that look like this. I find it hard to believe that moisture is wicking up through the seam. I tend to think that the water is coming in someplace else then traveling along the seam and causing the corrosion.

I cleaned the corrosion off with a Stainless Steel wire brush then ran a pick along the joint. Then I blew out the loose stuff and applied Acryl-R using the cool little application tool.

I think I have mentioned that I am a "Tool Whore". That was one of the main reasons to tear into the Safari, getting new tools! Here are a couple of shots of the pick set I used. I figure after I am done with this project, I can use the straight one or floor testing (Rot) and the hooked ones for "O" ring work.

No comments: