It would appear that someone really liked Olympic rivets. I have used them to attach things like patches and the rain drip caps, but the entire side of the trailer is held together with the damn things.
I looked around on the outside and sure enough, the entire street side aluminum is attached with olympic rivets. I have yet to find any sign of Vulkem or any other sealant. Hopefully, that is where the leaks are. I have three tubes of Vulkem on hand and the number for Vintage Trailer Supply on speed dial.
I remember a long time ago I was reading Frank's blog. I am so gratful to have access to the material on this forum. There is no way I would attempt this project without the information others have posted. Anyway, Frank had gone on a rant about Olympic rivets and their misuse. That stuck with me. Shortly after, I found this set on EBAY and won the bid. I guess I am going to get to learn how to use them!
This is the handle of a four inch screwdriver. Notice, it is just the handle, not the shaft. That part went thru the floor. Gawd this stuff is fun!!
Best Gardening Channels on You tube
1 day ago