Thursday, October 23, 2008

Floor repair

Today I set out to start the floor repair. I removed the street side skin and then cut out the rotted section.

The outriggers looked really good but since I had some leftover POR 15 in the fridge, I gave them a quick coat.

I then cut some 5/8ths plywood 3 inches wide, applied construction adhesive and screwed them to the floor as splice joints. The replacement piece will go in after the POR 15 cures.


crowldawg said...

I had the exact same problem and did the same thing
It looks like you used my

alumanutz said...

Thanks for the input. I will post the final pics later today. John