With the tub removed and placed in my shop I thought I would do a little work on it. I am always amazed at how many holes people can put into an airstream. I decided to start out with a clean slate and fill all the holes.
I started out by covering all of the holes with blue painters tape. Each piece of tape is at least one hole, sometimes two or three!
Then the holes were brushed with resin, fiberglass mat was placed over them and the mat was soaked with more resin.
After this cured I fliped the whole thing over and drippled resin into each hole to fill them. Each one was then sanded smooth.
The cut seen in my previous post in the bottom drain was filled with Marine Tek epoxy and sanded smooth.
I couldn't resist leaving a little souvenir for the next person that tears this trailer apart. A business card embedded in fiberglass!
Next I will move onto the sink. Meanwhile I will continue to research painting these. I don't think "Tuff as Tile" will work because the whole thing will flex during re installation and crack the coating. I am leaning toward using the flexible bumper paint Frank used in Anna.
The required Toby picture. My wife snuck into this one.
Soup to Nuts
1 week ago